VVOC 14th August 2009 6:30pm
Jacki (With very good reason:-)
1. All members agreed that work from previous list needs to be completed!
2. Lentil Loaf and roast veges were a hit. Recipe to go up on site.
3. Vasilios discussed his latest creation of the “Eurasion Salad.” ( A combination of endive and other salad veges with a dressing based on soy sauce – very yummy but not auditioned at this meeting!) Vasilios to put up recipe on site.
4. Melissa requested a Greek Salad recipe to go up on site.
5. Meeting interrupted for a discussion about Cyrano the cat. After sufficient pats and cuddles, meeting continued…..
6. All members agreed to put up their testimonials regarding becoming vegetarian before next meeting.
…..short interruption to enjoy chocolate coated strawberries from Melissa – yum!….
7. Discussion about our dream to set up an animal rescue farm.
8. Melissa to write a review of “The Loving Heart,” cafe.
9. Vasilios to create a page for Testimonials.
posted in Meetings |
2 cans lentils
1 medium carrot
1 stick celery
1 cup bread crumbs
130g tomato paste
1 medium onion
1 egg or equivalent egg replacer
1. Use a food processor to process 1 can of lentils. Remove this to a large bowl.
2. Process the carrot, celery and onion until finely grated. Add to the processed lentils.
3. Add the unprocessed lentils, tomato paste, bread crumbs and egg or egg replacer. Mix well.
4. Press into a lightly oiled loaf tin and bake in 180C oven for about 35 minutes. Stand for 10 minutes before turning out.
5. Serve with gravy, green beans and roast potatoes.
posted in Recipes |
Animal Liberation is running a campaign to try and protect the devestation caused to kangaroo populations by the gourmet dining industry. Please read the information found at the following site:
It is really worthwhile to read the information they have compiled which outlines exactly how devestating it is to the kangaroo population in ways that would not necessarily be obvious.
Please, if you have time, write some letters to the lists of restaurants they have compiled, and ask them to stop contributing to the suffering of these beautiful animals which are a symbol of our country and deserve to be better protected by our government.
posted in Campaigns and Events |